Auli, Rishikesh with Corbett Tour Package 8N/9D
Mussoorie is situated in the state of Uttarakhand and falls under the district of Dehradun. Jim Corbet National Park is the must-go destination for nature and animal lovers.
Main Attractions in Auli Rishikesh with Corbett Trip
• Wildlife and Bird Watching in Corbett – Corbett offers one of the best nature centric experiences in India and is renowned for its riverside beauty, Mahaseer / Catfish angling, walking, wildlife and Bird watching. Jeep safaris are on offer from 4 ranges (popular being Bijrani, Durgadevi, Jhirna). Corbett is home to the highest number of Bird species (resident as well as migratory) among all other parks and areas in India. Wildlife here comprises elusive Tiger, Leopard along with a range of well sighted deer species.
• Walking in Corbett – Walking around reserve areas of Corbett is considered an excellent experience for those interested in nature and walking. While walking in and around Core area is not allowed, there are number of established trails in buffer areas around Corbett. Some of them are those taken by Jim Corbett himself. Guests staying at Riverside Hotels in Corbett are able to do riverside walks.
• Nandadevi Views in Auli – Auli at 10000 ft asl offers the very best close-range views of Nandadevi range on a clear day any time of the year. Auli can be visited ex-Joshimath via a very scenic cable car ride.• Gorson Forest Auli – Gorson Reserve Forest is a popular walking trail for guests staying in Auli during Summer. Guests enjoy the sunrise. Himalayan views and walks through dense alpine forest.
• Badrinath Dham – Badrinath (11000+ ft above sea level) is home to Badrinath Dham, one of the most visited Hindu pilgrimage centers. It is the most visited of the four sites in the Char Dham pilgrimage circuit. The temple is surrounded by spectacular views of the mountain ranges. Access is difficult in high season and there are traffic regulations to control the movement. Temple is open between May – Oct. Exact opening and closing dates vary each year.
• Triveni Ghat – Evening aarti is performed at Triveni Ghat. Ashes of the dead and ceremonies related to Shradh are performed here. Triveni is also a bathing Ghat where pilgrims take a dip in the holy Ganga River.
• Rishikund – Rishikund is a holy pond and where the Shani temple is situated. Rishikund is a popular pilgrim visit option.
• Ram Jhula – Ram Jhula is bigger and more picturesque than Lakshman Jhula but surprisingly lesser-known. It leads to a few known Ashrams in the area.
• Lakshman Jhula – Lakshman Jhula (1939) is a 450 ft hanging Rope Bridge on the river Ganges near Tapovan area in Rishikesh. It connects guests arriving on the other side of the river to the bathing ghats area. Its believed at this place Lakshman (Brother of Lord Rama) build a jute bridge to cross over the river and therefore the spot is also considered holy. A five-storey temple is built on the other side of the bridge.
• Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh – Jumping Heights, an adventure company offers Bungee Jumping and other adventure facilities en route Neelkanth Mahadev temple at about 20 Kms from Rishikesh. This is the first of its kind facility in India having a Jump of about 80 meters. Other activities comprise Flying fox.
• Neelkanth Mahadev – Lord Shiva temple at 30 Kms from Rishikesh, set on a hill offering good views. This is the place where Lord Shiva is believed to have drunk the venom produced during Sagar Manthan
• White Water Rafting – Rishikesh is very popular for its rafting on the River Ganga (Ganges). Season: September-November and March-April-May are ideal for rafting. Camps are set up between Mid-Sept and Mid-May by the river that facilitates rafting. Camps here conduct half-day and full-day rafting with Class III and Class IV Rapids with a lunch break in between.
NOTE – Safari booking and zone are subject to availability.
Departure TimePlease arrive by 8:45 AM for a prompt departure at 9:00 AM
Return TimeApproximately 8:30 PM
Dress CodeComfortable athletic clothing